Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Feeling Guilty Allllready....


Man, I just did my Fitness Confession, which I knew would be a journey of natural highs and lows, but I've hit a low before I have even started!

This past week I was sick with Dengue Fever, and so needless to say I didn't work out. Well this is now a new week and I thought I was feeling better since the skull crushing headache was gone, the body aches had dissipated and my temperature was back to normal. Well I was wrong, I still have little to no energy nor appetite.

Today I have felt TOTALLY bummed, disappointed and guilty feeling for not following through with my plan. I was super amphed to get in shape and I think I did two days of my proposed program and now nothing. I think more than the thing itself (being sick for a week) I'm afraid what it implies, or what it could imply: I started something and I'm not going to finish.

Well, the solution is really simple now isn't it? Simple don't let that be true right? Let the week "off" be just that, and then jump back on the wagon. FINE! No more pouting, or feeling guilty. Guilt is a learned emotion and it has no value. We were taught to feel guilt and it is a wasted emotion indeed.

Bueno, so tomorrow I will do what I can do, but I will do SOMETHING and I will let me week slump be only that and will give my self props for not giving up completely. Hope your week was a wee bit more productive than mine...but even if it wasn't let's get this thing going THIS week!

Peace, Love & Motivation :)

2 comments:

Deia@LoveInTangles said...

I love the quote, "Guilt is a learned emotion and it has no value." That's definitely the best thing I've heard in a while. :-) Thanks for that.
Re: fitness, could you post what you do on a daily or weekly basis? So....maybe others can join/mimic??? :-)

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

Thanks D :) Okay I will post my Newest Wellness Program next Wellness Wednesday :)

Post a Comment