Sunday, January 30, 2011

That's My Name & That Is So ME!

Confucius Theory

Confucius defined humanity, or jen, as a “love of people” stating “if you want to make a stand, help others make a stand.” That is, the Confucian theory of humanity exemplifies the golden rule. It is so central to Confucian thought that it appears 58 times in the Analects. Similar to the Christian process of seeking God, Confucius teaches seeking jen to a point of seemingly divine mastery until you are equal to, or better than, your teacher. The Confucian concept of jen encompases both love and altruism.

***********
I like it! It's all in the name I suppose. Can your name dictate your life's purpose? What do you think!?

2 comments:

Musicfan said...

I have no doubt that you love people. Reading your blogs and following your experiences in Ecuador make that so clear to me. The world would benefit and be a better place with more people like you.

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

Words cannot express how much I appreciate your comment. Thank you so very much! Sending Love and Light your way! :)

Post a Comment