Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hair Journal Entry Intro

Okay I know Sunday is about personal things, but I think this is way over indulgent and only maybe 5 people will even care. However, I can justify it. My mom is looking to create some classes around natural hair care and asked me to keep a journal and I was looking online to study people’s hair routines and I really couldn’t find that many. So for those combined reasons and more I’m typing out some things from my hair journal…My hope is that is helps someone alone in their natural journey….which is on of my personal Quests.

So being in Peace Corps…I wash my hair…whenever I feel like it…which sometimes would be 3 times a week…everyday wetting it or I would flip the calendar and be like..”ummmmmm….when was the last time…..”. So the first challenge was to wash my hair consistently at least every week. “Washing” doesn’t just mean washing..it means this whoooole program I’m about to write to you about. So here goes.

Alright so the Stages are:
Pre-Poo
Shampoo/Co-Poo/No-Poo
Condition/Deep Condition
Style

They flip flop depending.

Man I guess I need to do MORE background lol.

Alright a Pre Poo essentially is so kind of moisturizing application that you do before you know you are going to shampoo.

Various Shampooing/Cleansing/Clarifying Options:
Shampoo – Your typical shampoo that you either buy at the store or maybe you make one at home.

A Co-Poo- is when you “shampoo” only using other agents…for example my mother uses Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) (awesome for hair btw), any kind of conditioner and a dab of coconut oil. When I was Co-Pooing I would use V05 Conditioner as my shampoo. It’s gentle enough for natural hair but still cleanses.

A No-Poo- would be Baking Soda and Water from what I have heard. Not sure if there are other mixtures that are considered a No-Poo

Conditioning- You can do a deep conditioner before or after you shampoo. You can do a rinse out conditioner after you shampoo, or you can do a live in conditioner after you shampoo.

Style- where you arrange the hair in the desired style and add whatever final products you like!

I’ll post the journal entries in the next SUN Day I write...

0 comments:

Post a Comment