Friday, April 23, 2010

Kinky Curly Hair Product Review

For my first ever product review I would light to highlight some FABULOUS hair products I have come across!!

The Kinky Curly Haircare Products!

They are natural, cruelty free and totally work!

The Three Items I have tried are:
Kinky Curly Come Clean Natural Moisturizing Shampoo
Kinky Curly Knot Today Natural Leave-In Conditioner/Detangler
Kinky Curly Curling Custard Natural Styling Gel

Come Clean Shampoo delivers on what is says. It is moisturizing. This shampoo cleanses hair completely of silcones, oils and dirt effectively without stripping your hair. My hair is soooo try so I know! It’s always a challenge to find something that can both cleanse and hydrate my hair. The best part about it is it’s completely organic!

Knot Today is a great light weight but moisturizing leave in. It works perfectly with the Curling Custard as well. Before the Knot Today I was using Infusium which worked looong ago, but as of late was no longer cutting it. Knot Today has gotten me back on track for moisture.

The product that has everyone all a buzz is the Kinky Curly Curling Custard (KCCC).
It’s fabulous. It’s light weight and aaaallll natural. It has a slight vanilla sent that is quite pleasing as well. I usually don’t put “gel” in my hair, and while it is classified as a gel, KCCC is something all together different. People love it because when you apply it, it stretches out your curls avoiding the shrinkage effect after washing. I’ll go more into the process in a second.


So the website suggests (in short) that you:

First of all, use Kinky Curly products only because they were made to work together. Use other products and you may get undesired results.

Wash with Come Clean until your hair feels free of and dirt or product build up you may have had.

Apply the Knot Today and finger come your hair making sure you have no knots or tangles in your hair

Next divide your dripping wet hair hair in manageable sections and finger come KCCC throughout your hair. Starting at the root and working your way down and working the product into your hair. Just comb, comb, comb with your fingers stretching out your curls.

And your done! Results very depending on your hair type.
I tend to go back and two strand twist my hair to get a corkscrew effect.

Since the KCCC is also moisturizing my hair stays soft. Never crunchy or flaky.

I have specific journals on my hair journey that I post on SUN Days. So check there if you want to see some trial and error moments.

Check out the Kinky Curly Website and give it a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment