Sunday, April 11, 2010

Natural Hair Journey

Big Chop: March 2004
Currently Style: Afro puff or two strand twist

I went natural because I have the coarsest kinkiest thick hair…the kind that the current standard beauty is against. Perming it was a way for me to alter what God had given me because I thought it was bad…every message out there told me it was an attractive, unprofessional, in need of control and wild. To embrace all of me and needed to embrace my hair .

I love it natural. People always tell me I’m their hair inpiration and that gives me strength to keep going.

6 years later I’m JUST now really getting the memo on how moisture is SO key. So I’m doing an experiment with Kinky Curly products and natural moisturizers.

Stay tuned!

Love, Peace and Hairgrease

0 comments:

Post a Comment