Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My New Wellness Program

I will just start off saying I'm a junk food junkie...at least I used to be...

I love cookies, grilled cheese, I I used to die over a bacon cheddar cheese burger (yep two dead animals one meal..yeesh), chips, juice, soda, cheezits, the list goes on. If I had it my way (especialy back in the day) I would only snack and never eat meals...oh and if you were something green that grows out of the ground, I was definitely not having it!

Now that I'm older, I know better...
I enjoy eating whole foods and living foods. When I was living in California I had cut meat out and only was eating seafood. However, now that I'm in Ecuador things are different.

Right now I'm in a situation where I'm at the mercy of other people as to what I eat as a way or integration, being polite and well not speaking the language well enough to explain that I don't want pork, chicken or beef to appear on my plate!

Normally, I would follow a "pescaterian" (fish, seafood) diet.

So my Wellness Program nutritionwise needs to be focused on the meals that I can prepare myself.

Therefore, when I am preparing my own food it is strictly pescaterian.

The Goal:
Have the majority of what I eat when preparing my own meals be fruits and vegetables
Beans and Tuna for protein (did I mention I don't cook? Yeah that makes all of this a challenge)
Drink PLENTY of Water (I usally have problems with this...)

Exercise:
Run at least 3x a week. I usually am anti-running, but I have found myself a running partner in a safe area so I'm going with it. I know nothing can whip you into shape like running...

Yoga/Prayer/Meditation. Every DAY! I am implementing a BTN Program (as Rev. Michael Beckwith once said) That is a "Better Than Nothing" Program. I may not get my 30 minutes of Yoga poses and stretches, but I am going to take at least 5 minutes everyday to be quiet, still and reflective.

Since these are all pretty significant changes in how I normally live, that's all I have for now. Wish me luck and getting these items to become habits so that I may stack on more good stuff and deepen my wellness progression!

0 comments:

Post a Comment