Friday, May 20, 2011

Takin Care of Mind, Body & Spirit Before Sunrise

I can go to asleep with lights on if I'm dead tired like I have been lately, but I don't like to because I inevitably wake up unrested and irritable in the middle of the night or early morning...

Today that happened and I woke up SUPER grumpy. I just recently revisted A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and I remember he said that if you are complaining you are creating your suffering. The idea that "This isn't supposed to be happening me" is wrapped in the Ego and shows that you are not being Present in the Now.

So when I arose at 3 something in the morning I was grumpy for a while thinking about how I had so much to do, how I needed my rest, as I tossed and turned not being able to go to sleep a little voice said to me "you know you are creating this suffering, right?". Oh right! I forgot that fast! So I laid there thinking, "stop creating your suffering"... I guess Zen is hard to find at 3am... it wasn't working.

Then I remembered my morning ritual of at least giving thanks for waking up and taking my first breath...that was working.
I was giving thanks for where I live for my health etc. Then I remembered I've been trying to get up early and meditate ANYWAY and that I should be Thankful that I was able to get up and me not being able to go to sleep meant that I wasn't groggy and tired and dragging myself out of bed.

So I got up lit some incense and prayed, then meditated. Still dark outside, very still and quiet. After my hour of devotion I went outside to get some air and took my yoga mat with me. I had the best yoga stretch I've had in a long time. I was very focused and present. After that, since the world was still sleeping and my blood was flowing, I jumped in the pool and got my cardio out of the way. By this point I'm filled to the brim with Gratitude for everything and awed at how a change in perspective can reframe your whole outlook.

Now I'm going to be able to get to some writing and communications I've been trying to get to all week. I've taken care of my Mind, Body & Spirit all before the sun rise. A morning that started off rocky is now one I hope to emulate multiple times a week. I invite you too to change your perspective, change your attitude and watch the world change around you :)

Que Tengan Un Buen Dia!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment