Monday, October 25, 2010

Cuddle Parties

I was talking to a friend who is looking for L.O.V.E.

She was telling me she picks the wrong guys cause she´d rather go for Mr. Right Now, than Mr. Right. She has had several horrible experiences with Sr. Ahora, but still goes back to "that guy" every time.

I asked her WHY!! Now that you see it´s not a solution and it really only adds to the problem WHY do you keep going there?

Her response was,"Sometimes I just want to be touched". Usually she is talking about making out and I am usually saying, you just need to chill and eat some chocolate. However, this evoked a more thuoghtful response from me. Afterall it is human nature to want physical contact with another person or being. It´s the same for animals which you know if you´ve ever heard a kitten purr or seen a dog roll on it´s belly just from being touched.

The reason? A hormone called Oxytocin. It´s the hormone released that forms the unbreakable bond between mother and child during labor, the light headed feeling when you´re in love or just the warm fuzzies you get gabbing away with your friend on the phone. This hormone makes us feel good..no great..and we want more of it.

I figured what was at the foundation of my friends longing wasn´t a boyfriend as much as it was the lack of feeling that connection that between humans that we all need at a basic level.

I suggested a looking into attending a Cuddle Party! Have you heard of these? Gathering of people who are looking for a safe space to experience human touch in a non sexual way. I have heard rave reviews about these gatherings although have never attended myself. I think these parties give us a way to get that closeness we all desire between humans and give us an outlet so we don´t have to call Mr. or Ms. Right Now for anything!

This is a great way to manifest, good feelings, the "love" hormone that is good for your health and happiness and a way of taking happiness into your own hands :)

Happy Cuddles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment